Saturday, October 2, 2010

The other adventure continues.

Well it has been an interesting couple of weeks for Alice in Rittenhouse Senior Living. Earlier this week Pam was out and about helping a friend get ready for her daughter's wedding and Alice called. She asked me if I knew where she was, I told her I did and she asked if I would come - pick her up - and take her home. I explained to her that her apartment was her home and we continued in ever decreasing circles until 45 minutes later she was resigned to be "put where ever she needed to be put away". It was sad.
This morning we got a call at 6:00 a.m. from the Indianapolis Fire Department telling us that Alice had called for an ambulance because she couldn't, uh, wee wee. Pam talked to the resident nurse who was very helpful and was going to follow through medically. But the nurse also told us that last night, some time, Alice had also called the police because she was being held against her will. So do we remove her phone?? We hate to do that but........ Alzheimer's is a cruel disease.
We would appreciate your prayers for Alice and for us.
God is good all the time!!
jim

Psalms 71:8-9 My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day. Do not cast me off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength is spent. ESV

No comments: