Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Update

We saw the Oncologist last week and all the cancer numbers look really good. The DVTs (blood clots) "have resolved", I thought that was an interesting way for them to say that. My arm is well on its way to being completely healed from the bicycle accident. Though I will have little railroad tracks for a while (stitch tracks) and maybe left over blood staining (only time will tell).

It is interesting to me how we learn things in life that we really would not have chosen if given a choice. I would not have signed up for cancer, for the drugs, for the surgeries or the sickness. But most of all, I would not have signed up for the awful ugly stresses and situations that it put my wife through. But it has been a good adventure; a good adventure only because God is a Good God.

I started this blog in response to family and friends. In response to their prayers and cares. This blog has been a record of a faithful God, of trials, prayers and miracles. This will most likely be my last post but we would continue to request your prayers. Prayer that there would be no need for another blog....

God is good all the time!!
jim

Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning great is your faithfulness. ESV

1 comment:

Metmaniac said...

Continue to get well big fella. I wish you nothing but the best... Dennis McCarthy