Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A love and hate relationship

I have said it before and I'll probably say it again several times but you don't realize how brain dead you really were under the influence of chemo until you get several months past chemo. There are, of course, other negatives to chemo.
Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, weakness, and sucking the life out of you come to mind. But in the long run the benefits outweigh the negatives. The biggest positive being -- -- killing the cancer.
So there is a love/hate relationship with chemo. You hate having to go through all of the junk but it is an amazing feeling when they say, "no more cancer".
My next follow up will be in early August. The last time I did this kind of follow up was in December of 2008 and the news was not good. We are looking forward to the August appointment with the hope that the Doctor will say, "no more cancer".

But regardless, we do not depend on our health for our hope.

God is good all the time!!
jim

Psalms 62:5-6 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. ESV

No comments: