Monday, June 14, 2010

From patient to nurse

There are times when I am not a very good patient. If I am in pain and I'm told by the nursing staff that I need to do something, like walking after colon cancer surgery, that causes more pain I can get downright grumpy. Some of you are finding that hard to believe and others are thinking, 'so what's the difference'. Anyway, I tell you that to tell you this -- -- I am a worse nurse than I am a patient.
Pam had to have oral surgery last Tuesday. Nasty stuff where they extracted a tooth, dug at the bone, reconstructed bone and generally man handled the sinus wall. It had to be done because there was infection and it all could have gotten much worse. But the pain has arrived. A throbbing, unending, pain medication doesn't help --- kind of pain. And, on top of that, she is stuck with me for a nurse.
So please pray for Pam that this pain would go away.
We have a fairly important event coming up this weekend (our daughter's wedding) and it would be good for her not to be in pain.
God is good all the time!!
jim

Rev 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. ESV

1 comment:

Durham Family said...

Praying for you both! So sad we're going to miss the big day!