Monday, May 31, 2010

Catching up - a little

Last we met the surgeon had just removed the staples. I told my surgeon that I was really depressed. He ask me why. "Did it have something to do with the incision?" "Was something not healing right?" I told him no everything physical was fine except one thing and it had me kind of depressed. He kept getting more and more concerned. It's the cut, the 4" cut. "What about the cut has you depressed??" Well you cut me right at my waist and I won't be able to where my bikini swim trunks all summer. He looked at Pam and rolled his eyes and said, "Thank God". :O)
The laparoscopic incisions are healed and the 4 inch cut is getting there.
Physically it seems as though things are slowly but surely getting closer to normal. I do not for a minute expect to ever return to 'normal', whatever that is. After numerous surgeries in the last 2 1/2 years I think my body will search for a new normal.
Spiritually and emotionally we will never be the same. And that's probably a good thing.
God is good all the time!!
jim

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun! All these new things are from God who brought us back to himself through what Christ Jesus did. And God has given us the privilege of urging everyone to come into his favor and be reconciled to him. TLB

No comments: